July 4, 2015

I Saw It More Clearly The Second Time



Never let your summer wasted or, never let your vacation wasted for those(me included) who live in tropical countries where it seems like the entire year is in summer. Especially THIS 5-month vacation. I had been thinking lately what do I do or where do we go after finishing my part-time job being a tutor, and the idea came up, I found myself asking if the time to go back to Hong Kong has arrived after we'd been there 4 years ago and I found myself saying yes it has! This time going back there would also be a good chance for my father to visit Hong Kong for the first time and for me to visit a friend who I've known since back then when we were in our exchange year in Italy.

อย่าปล่อยให้หน้าร้อนผ่านไปแบบไม่ได้ทำอะไรเลย หรือ อย่าปล่อยให้ช่วงเวลาปิดเทอมผ่านไปแบบไม่ได้ทำอะไรเลยก็ได้สำหรับคนที่(รวมฉันด้วย)อาศัยอยู่ในประเทศเขตร้อนที่เหมือนว่าปีทั้งปีนี้อยู่ในหน้าร้อน โดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่งปิดเทอม 5 เดือนนี้ ช่วงนั้นฉันก็คิดอยู่บ่อยๆว่าจะทำอะไรดี หรือเราจะไปไหนดี เวลาที่ฉันปิดจ้อบทำงานเป็นติวเตอร์ และไอเดียดีๆก็ผุดขึ้นมา ฉันพบว่าตัวเองตั้งคำถามขึ้นมาว่า มันถึงเวลาหรือยังที่จะกลับไปฮ่องกง หลังจากครั้งล่าสุดที่เราไปที่นั่น 4 ปีที่แล้ว และพบว่าตัวเองตอบคำถามนั้นว่า มันถึงเวลาแล้วล่ะ! การกลับไปครั้งนี้ถือเป็นโอกาสที่ดีสำหรับพ่อของฉันที่จะได้ไปเที่ยวฮ่องกงเป็นครั้งแรก และสำหรับฉันที่จะได้ไปเยี่ยมเพื่อนคนหนึ่งที่ฉันรู้จักสมัยเรายังแลกเปลี่ยนอยู่ที่อิตาลี


So it's the second time I ever visited my AFS friend besides the first time which was a year ago in Japan. Though, even if this was the millionth time or so, it is always exciting, overwhelming and happy to meet them again after such a long long time. The first time I met my Italian friend in Japan was in the middle(kind of hahaha) of Shibuya. This time, my Hong Kong friend was awaiting me at the airport! Oh, so I had experienced how does it feel like to be expected at the airport(well, except by my family and some agency staffs!)

และนี่ก็เป็นครั้งที่สองที่ฉันได้มีโอกาสไปเยี่ยมเพื่อนต่างชาติจาก AFS หลังจากครั้งแรกเมื่อปีที่แล้วที่ประเทศญี่ปุ่น แต่ถึงอย่างนั้นก็เถอะ ต่อให้ครั้งนี้อาจเป็นครั้งที่ล้านหรือยังไงก็ตาม การได้กลับมาพบเพื่อนที่ไม่ได้เจอนานๆก็ช่างเป็นอะไรที่ตื่นเต้น ตื้นตัน และแฮปปี้จริงๆ ครั้งแรกที่ฉันไปพบเพื่อนชาวอิตาเลี่ยนที่ญี่ปุ่นนั้น เรานัดเจอกันที่ใจกลาง(ประมาณนั้น5555)ของชิบูย่า ครั้งนี้ เพื่อนชาวฮ่องกงของฉันรอเราอยู่ที่สนามบิน ฉันเลยได้ประสบการณ์ที่มีใครสักคนรออยู่ ณ สนามบินไปโดยสิ้นเชิง(ไม่นับรวมครอบครัวและเจ้าหน้าที่เอเจนซี่อะไรอย่างนั้นนะ)

The area around our hotel, Jordan Street

I and my friend arranged the trip to a 4-day trip as so we could take my father to some attractions as well as explore the real Hong Kong and do some shopping. My mother even said that 4 days are too much but at the end I would assume that it needs at least 5 days to explore Hong Kong without having a very tight itinerary. Walking too much also gave my parents a little hard time because of the difference of cultures that we are not used to walk a lot, we use transportation instead(I would blame the heat in Thailand is quite unbearable for staying outside for too long)

ฉันและเพื่อนวางแผนทริปใช้เวลาทั้งหมด 4 วันด้วยกัน เพื่อที่จะได้มีเวลาพาพ่อของฉันไปเที่ยวตามสถานที่สำคัญต่างๆและเวลาสำหรับการสำรวจฮ่องกงและช้อปปิ้งเล็กๆน้อยๆ แม่ของฉันบอกด้วยซ้ำว่าเวลา 4 วันมากเกินไปแต่สุดท้ายแล้วฉันว่าควรจะใช้เวลาอย่างต่ำ 5 วันในการเที่ยวให้ทั่วฮ่องกงด้วยตารางที่จะได้ไม่ต้องแน่นมาก การเดินนานๆทำให้พ่อและแม่ของฉันลำบากอยู่ไม่น้อยเพราะว่าวัฒนธรรมที่แตกต่างด้วยแหละ เราคนไทยไม่ค่อยชินกับการเดินมากๆ เราเลือกที่จะใช้พวกยานพาหนะขนส่งแทน(ฉันขอโทษอากาศร้อนๆในประเทศไทยด้วยที่ร้อนมากเกินไปกว่าที่จะอยู่ข้างนอกนานๆ)

The area around our hotel, Jordan Street
Hong Kong Style Egg and Ham Sandwiches

So here I bring you some photos from our trip. My friend was so nice that she took off a few days from her work as to be with us. We went to so many places, tried Hong Kong dumplings, crap porridge which my mother liked, shopped. After all, the best part of the trip was the the third day, it was when we have visited all the places and decided to just chill wandering(and did more of shopping) trough Tsim Sha Tsui, as my family knew the area better since it was the third day there and our hotel is located just a MTR station away, they let me have some time to hang out with my friend for the rest of the day! So my friend decided to take me to visit her high school, it was a christian school, small one but warm, after that, we went to a shopping centre next to the school then headed to her flat to meet her family as well as have a dinner locally! All this reminded me of the beginning of my exchange year when I was so excited for everything just because it's different and new for me, wether the schools, buildings, food, people and culture! The difference was that there was surprisingly no awkward nor uncomfortable feeling, her family was welcoming and friendly! I realized that even though we are Asians, live in Asia, doesn't mean we will have the same culture! It was even completely another story! I also felt so privilege and grateful, there're a lot of people who have been to so many places, some have traveled much more than I have, but I am sure not every of them have such experiences! For me, traveling's become a reward I am given from visiting friends in their home countries! Every trip has its own special story to be remembered besides a part of seeing attractions.

ส่วนนี่คือรูปภาพบางส่วนจากทริปนี้ เพื่อนของฉันดีแค่ไหนล่ะ! เธอขอลางานเพื่อที่จะมาอยู่กับพวกเราเลย พวกเราไปมาหลายที่ ชิมเกี๊ยวฮ่องกง(ฉันว่าบ้านเรามันคือเกี๊ยวกุ้งนั่นเอง) ชิมข้าวต้มปูที่แม่ฉันชอบ แล้วก็ช็อปปิ้ง เหนือสิ่งอื่นใด ตอนที่ดีที่สุดของทริปคือวันที่สาม มันเป็นตอนนั้นที่พวกเราไปเที่ยวมาทุกที่แล้ว เราเลยตัดสินใจเดินเล่นชิวๆ และหาช็อปปิ้งอีกหน่อยแถวย่านจิม ซา ฉุ่ย และด้วยที่ว่าเราเริ่มคุ้นเคยกับพื้นที่ขึ้นแล้วเพราะวันนั้นก็วันที่ 3 แล้วและก็โรงแรมที่เราพักนั้นอยู่ห่างจากที่นั่นแค่ 1 สถานีMTRเอง พวกเขาเลยปล่อยฉันและเพื่อนไปเที่ยวกันต่อตามสบาย ดังนั้นเพื่อนของฉันจึงตัดสินใจพาฉันไปเยี่ยมเยียนโรงเรียนมัธยมของเธอ โรงเรียนของเธอเป็นโรงเรียนคริสต์ เล็กแต่อบอุ่น หลังจากนั้นเราไปเดินเล่นที่ห้างที่ติดกับโรงเรียน แล้วจึงไปที่แฟลตของเธอเพื่อจะได้เจอครอบครัวแล้วก็ทานอาหารค่ำด้วยกันแบบคนท้องถิ่นเลยทีเดียว ทุกสิ่งทุกอย่างทำให้ฉันนึกถึงช่วงเวลาตอนไปแลกเปลี่ยนช่วงแรกๆที่ฉันตื่นเต้นไปซะหมดทุกอย่าง ไม่ว่าจะเป็นโรงเรียน ตึกรามบ้านช่อง อาหาร ผู้คน และวัฒนธรรม สิ่งที่แตกต่างไปคือฉันไม่รู้สึกงุ่มง่ามและอึดอัดใจอย่างแปลกประหลาด ครอบครัวของเธอน่ารักใจดีและเป็นมิตรมาก! ฉันได้เข้าใจว่าถึงแม้เราจะเป็นคนเอเชีย อาศัยอยู่ในทวีปเอเชีย ไม่ได้หมายความว่าเราจะมีนิสัยวัฒนธรรมเหมือนกัน บางทีก็แตกต่างกันไปโดยสิ้นเชิงเลย ฉันยังรู้สึกเป็นเกียรติและซึ้งใจมาก มีคนหลายคนได้มีโอกาสท่องเที่ยวไปยังที่ต่างๆ เผลอๆหลายคนได้ไปเยือนสถานที่หลายสถานที่กว่าฉันด้วยซ้ำ แต่ฉันก็มั่นใจว่าไม่ใช่ทุกคนจะได้มีโอกาสแบบนี้ สำหรับฉันแล้ว การท่องเที่ยวกลายเป็นเหมือนของแถมที่ได้จากการไปเยี่ยมเยือนเพื่อนๆที่ประเทศบ้านเกิดพวกเขา! ทุกๆการเดินทางต่างมีเรื่องราวพิเศษของมันนอกเหนือจากการได้ไปเที่ยวชมสถานที่ท่องเที่ยว






@ Sky Terrace 428


Cloudy day at Habour
Pinky showing me her high school

Habour at night

One of my annoying habits is that I am kind of a person who enjoys and lives the special time so much that hardly snap a photo! Here's an example I'd say(lol, no. This is not funny ;{) I expected I'd take like 500+ photos but it ended up only just a few hundreds.. well, which means I have had a great time! I told myself the third time going to Hong Kong would be a complete photo-hunting trip! Maybe in the next few years! :P

หนึ่งในนิสัยน่ารำคาญอีกนิสัยของฉันคือว่า ฉันเป็นคนที่เมื่อเพลิดเพลินและสนุกกับช่วงเวลาไหนมากๆจะไม่ค่อยได้หยิบกล้องถ่ายรูปมาถ่ายสักเท่าไหร่ นี่ก็เป็นตัวอย่างเหมือนกัน(ฮ่าๆๆ ไม่ตลกเลย :{) ฉันคาดว่าจะได้ถ่ายรูปกลับมาสัก500+รูป แต่ที่ไหนได้เอาจริงๆแล้วฉันถ่ายรูปมาแค่ไม่กี่ร้อยรูปเอง ไม่เป็นไร ถือเอาซะว่านั่นหมายความว่าฉันได้มีช่วงเวลาที่ดีมากสินะ ฉันได้บอกตัวเองไว้แล้วไปฮ่องกงครั้งที่สามจะต้องเป็นทริปถ่ายรูปเพียวๆ! อาจจะอีกสัก2-3ปีล่ะนะ :P

Bye Bye Hong Kong!

Until next time

XX,
T. Mind R.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a 5-month vacation is long ah. You should visit Philippines. too. Thought it's also a tropical country, but there are so many beautiful places to see. :)

    Your blog is awesome! I saw it and thought if you would like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back asap. Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear something from you! :)

    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete